Well I am back with my finished project- Simplicity's New Look 6067 dress. It was probably the longest project so far I have ever done. I started it just before St Patrick's weekend and just simply had no time to sit down and finish it, so I eneded up sewing it bit by bit, and, boy, am I happy to finish it finally!!!! I am not a fan of long term projects. My inspiration fizzles out fast enough and normally, I love getting everything done in a day or two. Which could easily be done in this case too, given enough time.
Back to the pattern. My measurements fell almost perfectly on their size 10 on top and just beyond 12 on the bottom, but i kept it close to 10 anyway as the skirt is quite loose fitting. Generally this pattern is quite good- I found it fit very well and didn't need to many adjustments. The only thing I changed was the shoulder width as my back is quite narrow- I took around 2.5 inches ( 5 cm) off the shoulder width.
I had a cut of thick double knit grey jersey lying around that I used for this "pattern trial" project. The first challenge I met was the thickness of the fabric- it really created an enormous bulk at the front pleats, especially when I connected the bodice and the skirt. The instructions suggested pressing the seam allowance towards the bodice, but maybe spreading the bulk evenly to both sides would work better. The solution came to me a couple of days later- but it really worked to hide all the bulk- a little cute bow)))
I will also consider balancing all my darts and trimming one side of seam allowance at waist to minimum, to have a nice clean professional result.
For now though, a skinny belt helps hide the seam and overall it is not bad for a first go.
The conclusion is- Simplicity New Look Misses' dresses 6067 is a fab pattern, i am delighted to have it in my collection and I am looking forward to trying it out again soon!!!!